Monday, August 16, 2010

New Year

I took the kids to school today. First I took the girls. We all piled in the van and drove the few minutes it takes us to get there. We pulled into the parking lot and Hollee jumped out of the car and said, "Bye Mom!" and left. Alison looked at me a little hesitantly and I smiled at her and she smiled back and said, "Bye Mom!" and walked off. Then we drove back home and the boys asked if they could walk to school. I told them that I was going to walk with them the first day. They looked at me like it was completely unnecessary, but agreed. We walked over and the only reason I got to go in is because I insisted. Not even the first grader needed me there, he had his big brother. I helped them find where to put their back packs and they looked up at me and both said, "Bye Mom!" and ran outside to find their friends. I know this might make some moms sad, but I just love how they have so much confidence. I love how they lean on each other, and I love how they take care of each other. I love this part of my life, but I like to remind myself that I do not want little kids forever. I want to raise great children that will turn into great adults. I think it's easy for me to say this now because I still brought one home today, but I don't think it will be so hard that I can't handle it when they all go off to school. The only reason it won't be is because of them, because of how wonderful they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment