Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sweet Child

Yesterday my kids went and played in a neighbors yard. She has a big fenced in yard, a swing set, a tree perfect for climbing and two dogs. The kids all had a blast. ABout 20 minutes after they got home
Jack came up to me and said, "I need help with the door."
So I helped him outside and he walked over to the sidewalk and looked across the street at a plot full of dandelions.
He said, "I need those flowers".
I took his hand and we walked across the street. He started picking all the "big" dandelions.
As he was picking flowers he said, "I'm gonna give these to a girl."
I said, "Really? What girl?"
"The girl I just saw."
I looked around and didn't see anybody, "What girl did you just see?"
"The one with the dogs."
Then it dawned on me, he was picking flowers for our neighbor who had let him play in her yard. After he had gotten a nice handful of flowers I walked him over. He made sure to hide the flowers behind his back while he waited at the door.
It was probably the sweetest thing I have ever seen a three going on four year old do.

No comments:

Post a Comment