Thursday, June 10, 2010

Good Ideas

Jack has this new thing he says, "I have a good idea!" which is then followed by whatever he wants you to do for him. Then he says, "does that sound like a good plan?" and looks at you with his big blue eyes. It's pretty cute.

A couple days ago he came up to me with one of his good ideas, when I asked what it was he said, "It starts with a S."
"Ok...."
"Actually it starts with a S and a E and a C."
"Ok, what good idea starts with an S an E and a C?"
"I will get a bowl and you will poor cereal and milk in it and I will find a spoon and I will eat CEREAL!"
"Well I am going to make rice and pork chops for dinner."
"I know, I will eat cereal and you will eat rice and *mumble mumble* for dinner. Does that sound like a good plan?"
"Not really, you already had cereal today. You only get cereal once a day."
"Aw, but I want to eat cereal two times a day."

Let me just tell you, it is pretty dang hard to not give in and give the kid cereal two times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment