Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy

Timm has never been "Dad". He has always been Daddy, even now with my 13 year old daughter. He is such an excellent Daddy. He spends so much time with the kids. He plays with them, he talks to them, helps them with homework, teases them relentlessly, straightens the girls hair when I'm busy and they can't reach the back of their head, builds legos, plays board games, watches kid movies, and every other thing you could possibly do with your kids..... he does. I love that my husband doesn't think he is babysitting when I leave the kids home with him, they are his kids after all. I love that they can talk to him when something is on their mind. I love that when he tells them a story they look at me to see if he's telling the truth. I love that when we are celebrating he doesn't want it to be just the two of us, he wants the kids there. (What is with people thinking that they have to leave the kids home to have it be a celebration?) I love that the kids bought him games to play with for Fathers Day, one to play with friends and one to play with them. I love everything about that man, but I love how great of a Daddy he is the most.

1 comment:

  1. I'm blushing. I like being a Dad, what can I say. I remember the times I enjoyed the most with my Dad were the times when Life wasn't weighing him down, so I try to make sure Life never wins so my kids can have me a little bit every day. It's hard sometimes, but it's what I do.

    ReplyDelete