Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Going To Bed?

My kids love that they can stay up late in the summer. What I love is that they still end up going to bed earlier than they think they will. Sure, sometimes they push it and talk for a bit longer once they get in their bed. Sometimes they just don't want to go, like last night when Jack pointed to the alarm clock and said, "Mommy, why all these letters mean we gotta sleep?"More often than that though they just get tired and decide to go to bed. I find Andrew sneaking off to bed earlier than the others most nights and Jack staying up longest. On the 4th of July just as the fireworks were about to start Jack snuggled up on my lap and hid his face. I said, "You aren't going to sleep before the fireworks are you?" He just looked up at me and said, "But I'm tired!" Of course he ended up wide awake and making jokes the whole time, but it's just so cute when these kids who think they can stay up for 3 days straight are just too pooped to keep their eyes open for one more second. My favorite times like these are when you find them falling asleep on the couch and you send them to bed and they walk all the way down the hallway without opening their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment